The WRAHL and its players are insured by the Canadian Adult Recreational Hockey Association
Only Full Time WRAHL players registered prior to the Season's start are insured
CLICK HERE for details on how to submit a Sport Accident Claim to CARHA
- Injury reporting - Hockey related accidents requiring professional assistance must be reported to CARHA Hockey within 30 days of the injury.
- Facial protection policy - Players wearing full facial protection or half shield (visor) with an internal or external mouth guard will be allowed to submit a medical and / or dental claim for a facial injury. Member players not wearing facial protection equipment will not be insured for a facial or dental injury.
- MRIs - the insurance program does not cover MRIs
- Loss of Earnings - The insurance program does not include Loss of Earnings coverage.
- Outside of Canada coverage - Members travelling out of country to play hockey in CARHA Hockey sanctioned events are covered for all on-ice activity. Members are strongly advised to obtain Travel Insurance to assure full protection in the event of illness or accidental injury.
- Dental claims - Accidental dental injury expenses shall only apply to whole, sound, natural teeth.
*NOTE: Insured members must be permanent residents of Canada and at least 19 years of age.
CARHA Hockey registered players acknowledge that there is a risk of being injured when playing the game of hockey.
All benefits available under the CARHA Hockey Insurance Protection Program are subject to the actual terms and conditions of the insurance policy in force during the period of membership. The information contained herein highlights the CARHA Hockey Insurance Protection Program but does not create or confer any contractual rights and the benefits available during the period of membership may vary based on market conditions and benefit availability. If there is any question of interpretation all rights and benefits will be governed by the terms of actual terms and conditions of the insurance policy in force during the period of membership.
CARHA Hockey reserves the right to amend, substitute or revoke any or all of the benefits available under the CARHA Hockey Insurance Protection Program without notice in its sole discretion.